Josh and Anabel

Josh and Anabel

Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Birthday To a Very Special Person!

When I got married,

I got another dad,

A special father in law;

That I never dreamed of having


I know I don't always tell you

How happy it makes me

When you come home,

With your family


I don't always tell you

That the love you give

Brightens every day

That I live


I don’t always tell you

How kind and caring

You are to me


I don't always thank you

For the many things you do

Or tell you how much

I really do love you


Therefore you are not

Just my father-in-law

But rather, a dad to me

I love you and miss you. Hope you have a wonderful day. I wish you were here with us.

Happy Birthday!



2 comments:

gram said...

what a sweet sentiment to your father-in-law i saw him read it ,he was touched by the words. love you gram

Anonymous said...

I am happy to have you as a daughter. I love you.